Jared has extensive legal experience working for well-known law firms in northern Arizona and Nevada. He also has extensive experience with the judiciary, having worked for both state and federal court judges. He was recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star, a recognition afforded to approximately 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state at the time. He has experience representing small and large businesses, insurers, and individuals in a wide variety of legal matters.
During law school, Jared was an Associate Editor for the Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal and received recognition from the Internal Revenue Service for his work with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. While pursuing his undergraduate degree, Jared was an intern for a United States Congressman.
Jared was raised in Heber, Arizona, as the third of six children. He has lived in California, Louisiana, Ohio, and Nevada, but is happy to call Arizona home. In his free time, Jared enjoys spending time with his wife and children, being outdoors, and serving in his church. He also enjoys politics, traveling, and watching college sports.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2009
- McNeese State University, B.A., 2006, magna cum laude
- Arizona Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- Navajo Nation Supreme Court
- Tonto Apache Tribal Court
- Nevada Supreme Court (inactive)
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- Associate Attorney, The Ledbetter Law Firm, P.L.C.
- Associate Attorney, Hutchison & Steffen, L.L.C.
- Law Clerk, Eighth Judicial District Court of Nevada
- Law Clerk, Court of Claims of Ohio
- Extern, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Intern, United States House of Representatives
Attorney Jared R. Owens has been recognized by Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star.